African Shea Butter Benefits For Skin and Hair
Mother Nature sure knows how to whip up some amazing stuff for us, doesn’t she? Found in many varieties - from clays and sand to nuts and seeds - natural skin remedies seem to be her specialty.
Amongst Mother Nature's collection of wonderful ingredients, we discovered the power of shea butter!
Quiz time! What tree does shea butter come from? That was way too easy, wasn't it? Yep, you guessed it - it’s the Shea Tree! Most shea butter comes from West Africa or Ghana where you’ll find the highest prevalence of Shea (or Karite) Trees.
Once the shea nut has gone through the lengthy extraction process to become the miracle that is shea butter, it can be used in seemingly endless ways for your skin and health.
Shea butter easily penetrates your skin without gunking up your pores. Unlike most other butters, shea butter allows the skin to breathe while it delivers nutritional value to all your little nooks and crannies.
The Shea Tree is naturally rich in vitamins A, E, and F, which are all basically like gold for our skin!
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is your skin’s mentor: It turns young, immature cells into proper, mature cells which will eventually assist in correcting minor skin defects.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is your skin’s defensive line: It uses its antioxidants to act as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin F: This vitamin is your skin’s landscaper: It smoothes rough, dry skin and softens chapped, scaly skin cells.
Like a well - oiled machine (literally!), vitamins A, E, and F work together in helping keep away premature wrinkles and maintain soft skin.
Benefits of Shea Butter
- Aids in minimizing skin peeling from a sunburn.
- The fatty acids and natural vitamins will prevent your skin from drying out.
- Shea butter is rich in antioxidants and collagen, which helps your skin remain the appearance of youthfulness over time.
- Acne is caused by an overproduction of natural oil, called sebum, in your sweat glands. The properties of shea butter prevent the blockages in the pores which can cause unsightly blemishes and pimples.
- Scars happen when a collection of tissue builds up on our skin during the healing process. By regularly applying shea butter to the area, the appearance of the scar may diminish over time due to its ultra-moisturizing properties.
- Applying shea butter after your shave can make those irritating red bumps less noticeable. When used regularly, it can possibly minimize the chances of razor burn returning.
- Shea butter creates a barrier between your lips and harsh elements, keeping moisture locked in those lush lips of yours!
- Apply daily to cracked heels and calloused toes to keep your feet summer sandal savvy!
- Hydrated skin is more elastic so applying shea butter to your beautiful baby bump to keep your skin soft and moisturized as it stretches and grows.
- The anti-inflammatories in shea butter ease the swelling and itching from buggy little nuisances.
- Rub shea butter on your cuticles and nail beds before you start your manicure. This can protect them from any damage and strengthen your nails over time.
- Applying shea butter to your eyelids before you do your makeup can actually help keep your eye shadow from rubbing off!
- Don't forget about the skin buried underneath all your luscious locks ... your scalp! Shea butter absorbs quickly into your follicles to help rehydrate without clogging pores. When your scalp feels good, your hair feels good! Shea butter can restore luster to split ends some hair loss, which are typically a result of low natural moisture in the scalp.
This bountiful butter extracted from the Shea Trees of Africa has given people supple, healthy skin for thousands of years.
Now that you know all about shea butter benefits, it's time to get some on your skin asap!
If you're ready to get your hands on some shea butter, indulge your skin in a little sweetness with our bubble-rific bubble bath scoops!
Whether you decide to go with one of our Shea bar soaps or you decide to create your own custom Whipped Shea Body Butter, you can guarantee your skin will be on it's way to a healthier, more beautiful glow!