Coconut wax candles have soared in popularity recently due to their eco-friendly nature. Here are some answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Coconut Wax Candles FAQ
Are Coconut Wax Candles Eco Friendly?
Yes! The most common type of wax used in candles today is paraffin wax, which is derived from coal, oil shale or petroleum. It's cheaper than coconut wax and burns faster so you'll have to buy more frequently.
If you're interested in a more eco-friendly option that lasts longer, coconut wax candles are for you. Coconut wax candles burn cleaner and slower than many other types of wax.
There is also a large, sustainable supply of coconuts, as opposed to other types of wax like palm or paraffin.
How Long Do Your Candles Burn?
Due to the slow burn nature of all coconut wax candles, each candle you buy should give around 50 hours of burn time.
Each candle is a whopping 14 ounces, so you won't need to replace our candles as often as other candles, giving you more time to enjoy the mood each candle brings you.
We recommend burning your candle in 4-5 hour increments, to maximize the fragrance and extend their life. If left burning all day, something called tunneling can occur, which is where the wick burns faster than the wax, shortening the life of your candle.
We also recommend discontinuing the candle once there is only 1/2 inch of wax left to avoid burning/smoking if left unattended.
When Should I Use The Candles?
Our coconut wax candles are perfect for so many situations! Whether you're coming home from a stressful day, reading your new favorite book or taking a relaxing bath with one of our soothing bath bombs, our candles will set the perfect mood.
They're also great for adding in your office, kitchen our outdoor living area to lift your mood and enjoy! We have a variety of scents that will give you exactly the fragrance you're looking for.
Any Candle Safety Tips?
Of course! We want to make sure you're as safe as possible when using our candles, so here are a few tips to keep yourself protected:
- Never leave burning candles unattended for more than a few minutes at a time, if ever.
- Always keep your candles out of reach from children or pets at all times, especially when burning.
- Always burn our coconut wax candles on a heat resistant surface and a safe distance away from flammable materials (towels, sheets, drapes, etc.)
- Never touch the hot wax while or after a candle is burning, hot wax is extremely hot and can burn your skin.
- Always make sure your candle is fully extinguished before leaving the room. Always check twice!